Are you one of those people who is suffering from hair fall problems and looking for a permanent solution? In my view, nothing is better than shampoo for hair fall to stop. But you cannot randomly choose a shampoo in the millions of shampoos available in the market to prevent your hair fall. In this article, we have given special emphasis on the best shampoo for hair fall in India, So keep reading.
No doubt, they all are shampoo that claims to cure hair loss, but not all shampoos have the same ingredients. The ingredients present in hair loss shampoo determine the quality of the shampoo and also determine whether it will work on your hair loss type or not.
This means that you need to know the types of hair loss before choosing the right hair fall shampoo. You can easily see “what types of hair fall you have” in the last part of this page. I have researched closely on various hair fall shampoos for a few months. I found that many hair fall shampoos are useless and a complete waste of money. They believe in making money overnight and nothing else. But still, there are some companies that work hard to fulfill your expectations.
I must say that it took me 4 months to complete this post. I have compiled a list of the best shampoo for hair fall in India which you must consider if you really hope for a permanent solution to your hair loss.
Here is the list of 7 best shampoos for hair fall in India that will turn your negative thoughts into positive
#: Rogaine Men Hair Regrowth Treatment
The first and most important step is to choose only FDA approved hair fall shampoo, fortunately, Rogaine is FDA-approved. Coming on its ingredients, it contains 5% minoxidil solution.
Minoxidil is used to stimulate hair regrowth and to slow baldness in male pattern baldness. Male Pattern Baldness is a very common form of androgenic alopecia.
Let me tell you another fact that 95% of hair loss in men falls in this category. 10 million new cases of androgenic alopecia are reported in India every year. Ingredients that make it most demanded Anti-hair fall shampoo in the world.
The main ingredients Minoxidil helps to revive your hair follicles, it also increases follicles size and extends the growth cycle of hair as the result your hair regrow thicker and fuller.
Alpha-hydroxy Acid (AHA) in the shampoo promotes natural skin exfoliation that helps to open your hair follicles.
Other ingredients like Botanical extracts and emollient rejuvenate your scalp and make it healthier.
The company asks for 3-4 months to be used on a regular basis to see visible results. You need to use this shampoo regularly on seeing results. If you stop using after getting visible results then you can start losing your hair again.
Keep in mind that if you do not get any results even after regular use for 3 months, then stop using it.
If you believe the company’s claim, 9 out of 10 men used it twice daily for 14 weeks saw noticeable hair regrowth. But the result was 80% when performing the same procedure on women. I found during research that Rogaine is the best shampoo for hair fall for men.
|Rogaine Men Hair Regrowth Treatment
- 5% Monixidil
- Treat hair loss
- Maintain hair density
- Help maintain a conditioned scalp
- Result Guaranteed in 3-4 month
- Company can refund money if you not satisfied
| 3.9 out of 5 Amazon review
- Ideal For Men Only – Male pattern baldness (androgenetic alopecia)
- Size-60 ml
- Price 3500
#2: Kirkland Minoxidil Extra Strength For Men
Kirkland is an Israeli product that you can blindly trust because Israeli products are best in the market. It is prepared in such a way that hair loss due tido androgenic alopecia is treated. Kirkland works well to help regrow hair on the top of the scalp. But keep in mind that using it will not benefit on frontal baldness and receding hairline.
It is colorless and has no fragrance. It contains 5% active minoxidil. Regular use of Kirkland shampoo activates hair follicles and brings back hair on your head.
It takes time to produce results, but in general, you can start looking at seeing results after two months of daily use. For some men, it may take longer and you may have to wait up to 4 months. In case you don’t get any result after using daily for 4 months, you must stop its usage.
|Kirkland Minoxidil Extra Strength For Men
- 5% Minoxidil
- Result guaranteed in 2-4 months
- Use it to regrow hair at the top of the scalp only
| 4.4 out of 5 Amazon review
- Ideal For Men- Crown hair loss
- Size-60 ml
- Price 2500
#3: Foligain Advanced Hair Regrowth Shampoo
Foligain is the first Hair Fall shampoo that combined minoxidil with trioxidil. The combination of Minoxidil with trioxidal was a kind of experiment that really worked well to grow back lost hair. The truth is that the unique ingredients present in it work faster to grow hair again than any other normal hair fall shampoo.
Minoxidil and trioxidil work well with each other to help in the growth of new hair and prevent hair loss. They both work to regenerate hair follicles first and then help prevent hair loss by stimulating the outer matrix of the scalp and blocking harmful DHT.
After a certain period of continuous use you get Stronger, Thicker and Fuller Hair.
|Foligain Advanced Hair Regrowth Shampoo
- Formulated with 2% Minoxidil and 2% Trioxidil
- Effectively target the root cause of hair loss
- Regrow the lost hair
- Makes hair stronger and healthy
- Improve scalp health
- Parabens and SLS free
| 4.3 out of 5 Amazon review
- Ideal For Men & Women – Pattern hair loss, thin hair
- Price 5000
#4: DS LABORATORIES DNC-N
If you looking for an alternative solution to the Minoxidil, DNC-N is the best option for your hair loss problem.
It contains some important ingredients like Lysophosphatidic acid (LA), Myristoyl pentapeptide-17, Retinol, Adenosine, Azelaic acid, Copper Peptides, and Caffeine.
Myristoyl pentapeptide-17 helps produce keratin, a major component of the hair fiber.
Lysophosphatidic acid (LA) has an important function in cellular regulation, which have growth-hormonal effects on many cell types.
Retinol develops the ephitecal cells and increases blood flow to hair follicles.
Adenosine is an anti-inflammatory agent that regulates the growth factors in dermal papilla cells, also participates in biochemical processes like energy transfer and signal transduction.
|DS LABORATORIES DNC-N
- Nanoxidil 5% (Alternate to Minoxidil)
- Makes hair stronger
- Reduce hair fall
- Rapid Redensifying
- Faster growth speed
| 4 out of 5 Amazon review
- Ideal For Men & Women- Any stage of thinning hair (frontal hairline, vertex of the scalp))
- Size-60 ml
- Price 2908
#5: Biotin Hair Growth Shampoo
Researchers have proved that a poor diet can cause you hair loss (Telogen effluvium). Long-term deficiency of iron, zinc, B-6, and B-12 can make your hair thinner and weaker that causes your hair to fall.
In this case, you need to choose shampoo containing these important nutrients. Biotin hair growth shampoo contains pro-vitamin B5 and other ingredients like cucumber and aloe Vera. Its use can stop hair breakage and promotes hair growth.
|Biotin Hair Growth Shampoo
- High Potency biotin
- Fast Hair growth
- Makes hair thicker
- Scent attractive
- Money back guarantee
- Sulfates & Sulfates free
| 4 out of 5 Amazon review
- Ideal For Men and Women – Normal hair loss
- Size-250 ml
- Price 2548
#6: 100% PURE Glossy Locks
This shampoo is formulated with vegetarian biotin, caffeine, and B3 to stimulate hair follicles. They have also used mint and cider vinegar to gently cleanse scalps and strands of excess oil. Vitamin b3 and biotin strengthen hair roots and prevent hair loss.
|100% PURE Glossy Locks
- Reduce shedding
- Reduce breakage
- Stimulate health growth
- Makes hair shiner
- No chemicals
| 5 out of 5 Amazon review
- Ideal For Men and Women- hair loss due to lacks of nutrients
- Size-400 ml
- Price- 2650
#7: Ciola Shampoo
You know it very well that dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis may cause hair fall and thinning hair. Ciola shampoo contains two active ingredients Climbazole 0.5% and Piroctone Olamine 0.5% that is mainly used to treat Dandruff, Fungal infections, Seborrheic dermatitis, and Psoriasis, etc.
Ciola Shampoo is from from dangerous chemical like paraben and SLS. Climbazole is used in Ciola shampoo to reduce dandruff, itching, and scalp redness. The main function of Piroctone Olamine is to soak and reduce the scalp.
It is often seen that this problem of hair cannot be eradicated on its own, for this, good treatment is required. People who suffer from dandruff and SD often use a shampoo that contains Ketoconazole in high concentration. A recent study suggests ketoconazole may prevent hereditary hair loss and helps to regrowth of hair. Lots more studies related to it underway.
Let me tell you a fact that ketoconazole is not only a proven anti-dandruff ingredient shampoo that helps in regrowth of hair, Piroctone olamine is more effective than ketoconazole.
Recently a research was conducted, 150 men suffering from hereditary hair loss and dandruff participated. They were given 1% Ketoconazole or 1% Piroctone olamine to use twice in a week over 6 months.
We get the result like this,
- The severity of hair loss decreases (Ketoconazole: –17.3%, Piroctone olamine: -16.5%)
- The percentage of hairs in the growth phase increases (Ketoconazole 4.9%, Piroctone olamine: 7.9%)
- The effect on the hair diameter is increased by 5.4% with Ketoconazole and by 7.7% with Piroctone olamine.
- Formulated with Ketoconazole and Piroctone
- Anti dandruff
- decrease hair loss
- increase growth phase
| 4.1 out of 5 Amazon review
- Ideal For Men and Women- Anti dandruff and hereditary hair loss
- Size-100 ml
- Price 245
Ciola shampoo is used to fight seborrheic dermatitis, dandruff, thin hair and heredity hair loss.
I found in research that Ciola shampoo is the best anti-dandruff shampoo compared to other dandruff control shampoos. It not only gives amazing results on dandruff control, but also helps to regrow hair.
*The most important thing is that you should not buy shampoo that contains ingredients containing paraben, sulfur, and fragrance, etc.
Also read about,
First let us know the types of hair fall, once you know it you will be able to decide which shampoo is suitable for your hair fall. Generally, there are 6 types of hair fall, but the popular one is only 4, so consider them first.
Hair Fall Types (Types of Hair Loss)
- Alopecia areata: is a skin condition that causes hair to fall into small patches, initially it is usually ignored by people, but when these patches are connected, then easily noticeable. This condition is caused by the immune system attacking the hair follicle.
It can cause sudden hair loss, in some cases, the eyebrows, eyelids and other parts of the face may also be affected. The most extensive form is alopecia that causes hair loss, and can also prevent hair from growing back. Hair may fall back again after certain days of recovery. Hair regrowth depends on the people, it may differ from person to person.
- Androgenetic alopecia: The most common form of hair loss is androgenic alopecia. The exact reason is not known but often attributed to family history and genetics. Both males and females can be affected by androgenic alopecia. But hair loss due to androgenic alopecia in men is faster and extensive. A common type of baldness is referred to as androgenetic alopecia. It is believed that hormones and heredity create this form of hair loss. Initially, Men see something moving near temples, Their straight across pattern turns into an M-shaped pattern over time.
- Telogen effluvium: is a type of scalp disorder in which hair becomes thin, its main reason. being the penetration of hair in the telogen phase. At this stage, the telogen hair starts flowing at an increased rate, although normally the estimated rate of hair fall is 100-125 hair per day, if its rate starts to exceed it then it is a serious problem.
- Traction alopecia: is also a very popular form of hair loss. Cases of Traction alopecia has increased in recent days. It affects a small area of the hair. The main reason for this is the constant pulling of the hair or applying too much force or traction on the hair roots. Avoid using tight braids and ponytails that stretch on the hair, causing hair fall. Try to use only those hairstyles that put less tension on the hair.
Hair growth cycle
There are mainly three phases in the hair growth cycle which are anagen, catagen, and telogen.
- Anagen Phase-Do you know your hair grows about 6 inches a year, that is, half an inch every month. Hair grows faster in summer than in winter. The anagen phase lasts for 3–5 years, which means that the full-length hair is on average 18–30 inches.
- Catagen Phase- The second phase is the catagen phase that lasts up to 2 weeks. The catagen phase is also known as the transitional phase that renews the hair follicle itself.
- Telogen Phase- Finally there is the telogen phase which is, in reality, a resting phase in which the strands released and fall out. Hair follicles go into the inactive mode for three months before starting the whole process again.
If you are using any hair fall control shampoo that gives amazing results, please let me know so that It can be included in the list of best shampoo for hair fall in India.
Let me tell you that my endeavor has always been to present the best products that work for my Indian people.
Follow us on social media